Come and discover this attractive Wiltshire market town on a day out designed exclusively for groups. Leaflets for Welcome Coaches and Discover Devizes can be downloaded from here. Other leaflets are downloadable from the "Leaflets" menu
Enjoy freshly made coffee and biscuits when you arrive. Either at the Crown, next to Wadworth Brewery or at the Bear Hotel, set in the town's spectacular Market Place. Alternatively, you can start your day with your coffee and biscuits ar the Wiltshire Museum.
Your party can then take a stroll around Devizes, browse some of the independent specialist shops and discover one of the many pubs or restaurants as they relax over lunch. As they explore Devizes ensure they look out for the Wiltshire Museum or the Kennet and Avon Canal Trust Museum where there is free entry for members of your group.
At the Wiltshire Museum you'll find award-winning displays of Gold from the Time of Stonehenge. This is Britain’s best Bronze Age archaeology collections, and you can discover more about the mysteries of Stonehenge and Avebury, and the people who used these iconic monuments.
At the Kennet and Avon Canal Trust Museum your party can discover the fascinating story of this delightful waterway, its construction, use and subsequent near demise, and the work done in recent times to restore it.
In the afternoon, your party can take to the water to enjoy a leisurely hour's cruise along the Kennet and Avon Canal
Cost: being revised for 2018 season
- Coffee or tea and biscuits on arrival
- Free entry to the award-winning Wiltshire Museum, with its amazing displays of Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
- An hour's cruise on Kennet & Avon Canal and free entry to the Kennet & Avon Canal Museum
10.30am Arrive for coffee
11.15am Wiltshire Museum visit
12.30pm Free time in Devizes – followed by visits to Museums
3.15pm Begin your canal cruise from Devizes Wharf
4.30pm Depart for your journey home
Alternatively, you can begin your visit at the Wiltshire Museum.
Optional extras - make your visit special
- Lunch at The Crown – a - Wadworth pub - £6.50 for main course and coffee
- Afternoon tea at the Bear Hotel - £5pp
- Wiltshire Museum. Highlights talk - £25
- Whole group visit to Kennet & Avon Canal Museum. Highlights talk - £25
- Extended cruise on the Kennet & Avon Canal on the Kenavon Venture. £150 for up to 50 passengers
- Walking tour of the town led by local historian John Girvan - £4 per person, with a discount for a larger group.
- If you visit on Thursdays, you can visit our bustling market, the busiest for miles around